|Position:||EMEAR (Poland) - Associate Network Consulting Engineer ( Italian speakers) - Services|
|Job Category:||Full Time - Cisco Services|
|Job Description:||About Cisco Systems in Krakow|
Cisco continuously evaluates potential sites for support operations around the world in an effort to understand the available capabilities and resources offered in particular countries. As part of these activities, Cisco established a center in Krakow, to support customers across its Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia region. Cisco Support Center will complement existing locations in providing services to internal and external stakeholders across multiple functional groups including Cisco Services, Finance, Operations and others.
In this role you’ll be a member of actively growing Advanced Services team based in Krakow. Our AS team’s primary focus is on Cisco’s premium customers. AS does the Plan-Design-Implement (PDI) and Optimize phases of new technologies, providing complex design, performance and optimization services to the largest networks in the world. Additionally, the AS team is in the vanguard of Advanced Technology implementation of Cisco leading edge technologies worldwide with some of the best technical experts in the industry.
Cisco as an Employer
Cisco is a stable and financially secure company with a substantial and sustainable record of profitable growth derived from leading edge products and services. It has a globally recognized brand and image and is a Fortune ‘most admired’ company. Cisco has an unrivalled record of commitment to diversity and inclusion, corporate citizenship and ethical practice and is rated by its employees for inclusion in Fortune Magazine's ‘Top 100 Companies in the World’ for which to work. Cisco is known for helping people develop long-term international careers and has market leading products and solutions that touch our everyday lives.
Associate NCE (Network Consulting Engineer) Requirements
• University graduate or BSc Computer Science degree
• Technical degrees preferred
• Must be fluent in English
• Italian skills at a conversational level or above
• EU or Russian & CIS nationality
• Travel requirements (up to 30%)
• Knowledgeable in (1) or more of: IP Internetworking, LAN Switching, ATM, WAN Expertise & Voice technologies, IP Telephony, SAN, CDN, Optical, Wireless, IPCC.
• Internetworking troubleshooting experience
• Be able to articulate value-add to Customers.
• Undertake support as designated Advanced Services engineer for a small to medium-scale network.
• Basic Network design skills.
• Ability to leverage technical expertise of others.
• Knowledge of network management, network availability & capacity planning.
• Basic to good consulting and communication skills
• CCNA+ certification is an asset
Responsibilities in the first year of employment:
• Developing solid knowledge of baseline Advanced Services (AS) skills
• Developing knowledge as a Network Infrastructure (NI) specialist in core IP routing and switching and advanced technologies.
• Attending and participating in technical and professional trainings and in the first 3 months classes and events
• Assist the primary NCE’s with Software strategy, PE&O (Performance Engineering and Optimization) reports and Lab recreates
• Complete all projects and assignments on time to meet customer and team requirements
• Use of AS tools for effective Software Risk Analysis
• Passing CCIE written certification exams within the first 6 months of employment
• Additional certifications testing – CCDA & CCDP
Long-term responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Support delivery of service program to major accounts
• Review network requirements and produce high and low level network designs
• Review customer Implementation and Change Management Plans
• Plan and execute complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies
• Act as a technical focal point for large account network problem resolution
• Generate reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables
• Leverage and contribute to Virtual Teams
• Question ways of working and suggest improvement
The program start date is 1st September 2014.
In order to be considered for this role your Italian level has to be at least at a conversational level.
For English speakers, please submit your application here: http://cs.co/aNCEEnglish